Monday, June 30, 2008

It's a little wet out here!

This morning I happened to mention to Dana that being from New Mexico I had never seen a flood. So he took me for a short drive down Highway 24. I thought I 'd share these photo's from our drive just 40 miles west to Brunswick, MO.

Water approaching the road - still hasn't crested.
Pecan Orchard.
The river has risen over its banks and flooding parts of Brunswick, MO.
Railroad bridge normal very high above a small creek.
Flooded farmlands - this corn is between 4 and 5 feet tall when not covered with water.

3 comments:

sandy said...

Wow loved the birdseye view!! thanks.

Can't believe all the flooding that has and is going on.

s

Cara said...

Sandy - Thanks for visiting. We had three inches of rain where I live again last night...

Anonymous said...

Cara, Where do you live in MISSOURI? I recognize the Brunswick flooding. I live and paint in Carrollton, west of brunswick. visit my blog. thanks