Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Messy Studio Tour

Here are the two under paintings that are sitting up there calling my name..."Cara, we're lonesome, come work on us..."

Here's a photo and a memento of my attending a workshop with Ray Vinella
Another photo and memento of a workshop with Amado Pena Jr.
And now for the mess...

My work area..don't be scared...but you have had a tetanus shot haven't you?

My studio was a spare bedroom. The other side of the room had a treadmill and stacks of canvases, some blank and some not. But in this little tight space are my favorite things...my books, photos, important tidbits on my bulletin board (more photos and lots of jokes).

There, and now you know.

6 comments:

sandy said...

Hey it's not so bad. It was very interesting trying to see your books, etc. I always find looking at where people create their art so interesting....

thanks for the tour.

Cara said...

You're welcome Sandy - hope there's nothing stuck to the bottom of your shoes...ha!

sandy said...

hahha, I looked and all was well.

Can't wait to see your paintings finished. ...

Anonymous said...

Hey - everything is within easy reach. None of that 20 paces back to look at the work from a distance wasting your time. Which it appears may be spent shopping? You would fit right in with my family.

Anonymous said...

Cara, so glad to find another southwestern artist!

And I've been thinking of trying to "organize" a virtual open studio tour between blogs... about the same as corraling cats. This is a delightful view into yours! You have surrounded yourself with the needful things, and made a space to pursue your art... how else can we find peace from our compulsions?

I'll be back to see how those paintings grow up!

Cara said...

Thanks Edgar - just finished one tonight - should be posted soon.