Thursday, March 01, 2007

Headed for sunshine!


Just wanted to let you know I'll be gone for almost two weeks. I've had as much of this cold weather as I can stand. Tomorrow we leave for Florida.
The picture I posted was taken on one of our beautiful Missouri fall days but that was so long ago I can barely remember what it was like. By the way , did you know you can't get Jack & Coke at a winery? Who's idea was that anyway?
Now back to the present - we have had ice in the drive way for over a month. I'm freezing!
So tomorrow we all head out for Bike Week in Daytona.
A week in the sun (I hope). I really need this - its been a tough winter.
I'd say I'll take pictures and share them with you but..you know how it goes..what happens at Bike Week...never happened! Ha!
See you when I get back.





3 comments:

BoneDaddy said...

I was gonna say your works have an eloquent simplicity about them, but I noticed you have more complex compositions further down that work well also. Excellent stuff!

Cara said...

Thanks Doug. I definitely have two very different styles - I can't decide whether I have a split personality or just a severe lack of focus. The latter is the best bet...

bookbabie said...

Hi Cara, thanks for stopping by my blog and website and for your kind words. I think most creative people dabble in more than one genre. My writing replaced my art but I actually feel most like myself when painting and hope to get back to it. I have an agent, but she's from the marketing side of publishing and so far her contacts have not come through for her. It's a tough industry to break into for newbies. I'm halfway through book three and stalled, spending too much time blogging! Take care...